I'm Judith Pattinson, accredited German to English translator and a native speaker of English. My business goes by the name of Signal Translations.
I hold NAATI professional accreditation as a German to English translator, and the well-respected Diploma in Translation from the Chartered Institute of Linguists (UK). I am also a keen member of the BDÜ, the German Federal Association of Interpretors and Translators. My academic qualifications include a BA (Hons) and MA (both first-class honours) from the University of Melbourne and the Graduate Diploma in Editing and Publishing (GradDipEdit&Publ) from RMIT University.
My CV contains details of my career and German language achievements.
My translation experience includes high volumes of:
- legal, financial and corporate documents
- marketing texts, press clippings and press releases
- literary translation, including Jan Bauer's graphic novel, The Salty River, published by Twelve Panels Press on 27 August 2015.
and more. See my Working Areas & Rates for further details.
My editing experience includes
- Many years’ experience as a publications editor, both in-house and freelance, with a wide range of government and other organisations
- a number of years as production editor for a magazine with a major Melbourne metropolitan newspaper
- localisation and proofreading work
- desk-top publishing and web design